Did you know that today is National Pasta Day? It’s true! Classico challenged me to shake things up a bit and get out of my normal boring pasta routine. I’m excited to bring you an exclusive recipe featuring one of Classico’s Limited Edition Seasonal Selections Pasta Sauces. It’s really a classic stuffed shells recipe but it’s been easily changed up from boring into something enticing with Classico Creamy Spinach and Parmesan Pasta Sauce! When I first saw the jar of sauce it sounded so good on it’s own and then paired with this super easy, but delicious recipe you can’t go wrong! So, without further ado…
Classic Stuffed Shells with Creamy Spinach & Parmesan Sauce
Serves: 6 Prep Time: 25 min Cook Time: 40 min
- 1 jar (24 oz.) Classico Creamy Spinach and Parmesan Seasonal Sauce
- 18 jumbo shell pasta
- 1/2 pound sweet or hot Italian-style bulk sausage
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Cook pasta al dente according to package instructions and drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown sausage, onions and garlic for 5 to 6 minutes, or until cooked through, stirring until small sausage crumbles form. Add Pasta Sauce and stir until well mixed. Spoon half of sauce mixture evenly into bottom of 13 x 9 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg. Stuff each shell with about 2 TBSP of cheese mixture. Arrange stuffed shells in baking dish and spoon remaining sauce mixture evenly on top.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and parsley on top. Bake for additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Now for a little more fun, I have a little something for five of you! Take a second to enter on the Rafflecopter form and you might just win a coupon for a free jar of Classico Pasta Sauce to create your own delicious pasta dish.
Tell me what you would make with your Classico Pasta Sauce!
(If you feel like sharing your recipe – even better!)
Disclosure: I’ve partnered with Classico and received items and reader giveaway coupons as part of my participation. However, no payment was given or expected for posting about the program, and as always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.