Colds, flu, RSV, maybe pneumonia, asthma, some random bug or virus… Yeah, we’ve been hit with it all this winter. I’m so over all the sickness and ready for spring, sunshine and health. I do my best to keep myself and my family healthy, but sometimes despite trying your best, your grade-schooler brings home another bug and spreads it all around. It’s kind of a fact of life when you have kids in school.
Here’s a few of my favorite tips that I do to try to keep the cooties away:
- Wash your hands. All the time. Especially when you’ve been out in public and you first get home. It’s part of our routine when walking in the door at our house. Take off shoes and coats; wash hands.
- Get plenty of sleep. I’ve been working on this one. It’s hard to keep yourself healthy when you are run down and tired!
- Take your vitamins. Help your body help itself by making sure you are getting the vitamins you need to stay healthy.
- Wipe down door knobs, handles, and surfaces with disinfecting wipes. This is a quick easy job that even the kids can help with. Send them around with a wipe and see who can get the most things wiped down.
- Wipe down your cell phone with a disinfecting wipe. I just found out the other day that your phone has more germs on it than a toilet seat. Ick. And you have it constantly up touching your face and touching your hands. Make wiping it down part of your daily routine.
Now, when all else fails and and you ultimately end up getting sick anyway, Vicks DayQuil and NyQuil can help you get through your days and nights. As a mom, I get 0 sick days. And my poor husband keeps catching the random stuff Hanna brings home from school and only has so many days off from work. Most of the time we just have to keep on going even when we’re sick and Vicks helps us do that.
- Vicks DayQuil Cold & Flu Relief provides non-drowsy relief from aches, fever, sore throat, stuffy head and cough.
- Vicks NyQuil Cold & Flu Relief eases symptoms of a cough, cold or flu so you can get the rest you need to recover.
I’ve been breastfeeding and haven’t been able to use them this winter (ask your doctor if you are breastfeeding), but the last time Nick was sick he bought a double pack of the biggest bottles of DayQuil. He really depended on it to help him make it through the day while he was down with the flu. There’s nothing worse than being sick and miserable and having things you need to get done. DayQuil makes it a little more manageable to power through your day and get it all done while you have a cold or the flu. When you are done for the day and ready to crash NyQuil will help you actually get the sleep you need for your body to heal. There’s a reason Vicks is the #1 pharmacist recommended brand for cough, cold, and flu relief for adults.
All that said, I hope you (and we) make it to warmer, sunnier weather without any more colds or bouts of the flu! If you’d like more information about Vicks NyQuil Cold & Flu, visit www.vicks.com.
Disclosure: I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Vicks DayQuil & NyQuil. I received product samples and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.