Calling all Sid the Science Kid fans! There’s big news for your little science enthusiasts, Sid the Science Kid will be starring in his own movie! The movie will be premiering on PBS Kids on Monday, March 25th. “Sid the Science Kid: The Movie” will also be out on DVD and on iTunes on April 2nd.
Sid the Science Kid: The Movie follows Sid and his friend Gabriela through their adventure in The Super Ultimate Science Museum. After winning a science contest in the “Junior Investigator” category for creating an awesome science experiment, Sid and Gabriela are awarded a special inside look at the new museum before it opens to the public. Once there, they meet quirky scientist Dr. Bonabodon, voiced by guest-star ChristopherLloyd (Back to the Future), who has designed robot tour guides of the future, including Bobbybot, his greatest creation. Sid and Gabriela also meet Yangyang and Niuniu, from China, the winners of the “Future Scientist” category. The four young scientists observe giant honey bees, investigate robots, and even encounter a Tyrannosaurus Rex! But when their robot guide short-circuits, Sid, Gabriela, Yangyang, and Niuniu must use teamwork to save the day. Together they learn that you can be a scientist at any age and that thinking like a kid is sometimes the best way to solve a problem!
We got a preview copy of the movie and my kids are loving it so far! They’ve put it on a few times already. I was suprised at how long it was (over an hour), but the engaging plot kept their attention for the duration of the movie. The movie is on par with the Sid the Science Kid TV show. It still includes some of your favorite silly characters as well as some new friends and a new environment filled with adventures. We were already planning on tuning in on Monday to watch Sid the Science Kid: The Movie, and after previewing it we’re making sure all of our friends get to see this fun new movie too! If for some reason you miss it on March 25, there will be encore performances on March 29 and March 31. Check your local listings for what time they will be on.
Are you excited about the movie? Want to have even more Sid the Science Kid fun?
- Get free Sid the Science Kid activity sheets! Check out Craft Stick Catapult, Recycled Robot, Dress Like Sid and Sid the Science Kid: The Movie Coloring Sheet.
- NCircle Entertainment is sponsoring more fun events for kids and families at children’s museums in over 20 cities across the U.S. in March and April. More information is available at NCircleEntertainment’s Facebook page.
- National Children’s Museum (Washington) 3/20-3/30
- Fernbank Science Center (Atlanta) 4/6
- Discovery Museum Science & Space Center (Sacramento) 4/6-4/7
- Carnegie Science Center (Pittsburgh) 4/13
- Pacific Science Center (Seattle) 4/14
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science (Dallas) 4/7
In honor of Sid the Science Kid: The Movie‘s premier, I have a fun giveaway! One lucky Sid (and Southern Yankee Mix) fan will win a Talking Sid plush!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I received product in exchange for this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.